Saturday, April 23, 2005

Dutch Baby from Aunt Maggie / Mommie / Sis (March 17, 2001)

Hi!

The Sesame noodles sound so good that I think I'll try them today - I have all the ingredients. Thanks very much. I, too, love peanut butter, especially on a graham cracker with a glass of milk.

Christy's here - she came last night after I convinced her to drive me home from Seattle. I had a class at the Group Health on Capitol Hill. My exercise instructor thought I could use the information in the class for exercise instructors. She's asked people in her class to follow me if they have the need for a slower or less intense workout, as I automatically slow down for my knees. It was all free and lots of good info, including two instruction manuals.

Christy and her Dad are going through the old Howard/Jacobi family pictures and scanning some into the computer. Christy's found more info on Tony's Great Grandmother on the web and is conferring by e-mail with a very distant cousin who is a great source of historical information on the family.

From all this they are setting up a way to scan and identify all of our family pictures (it may take some time) and then to put in the text. It will be a fun project for them both. I'll be involved a bit on my side of the family, but will let the two of them take care of the Howards.

We made a Dutch Baby for breakfast. It's a versatile recipe for either breakfast or lunch. It's like a giant popover pancake, really puffs up around the edges. We didn't do the filling. I had made a sauce with strawberries and raspberries yesterday, so spooned that on most of it, but for some of it we sprinkled with lemon juice and powdered sugar.

DUTCH BABY

3 eggs
3/4 C milk
3/4 C flour
dash of salt

Blend together for 30 seconds in blender.

Heat 10 inch pan in oven for 5 minutes at 425 degrees. Melt 4 Tbsp butter in pan.

Pour blended ingredients into hot pan with butter in it. Bake 25 minutes at 425 degrees.

Filling:

Sauté 3 sliced and peeled apples in a pan with 3 Tbsp butter, 2 Tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, Rind of 1 lemon, 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Sauté 10 minutes. Pour onto pancake while in pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 C slivered almonds (toasted) and sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with sour cream. Slice and serve.

Alternate: Cool pancake & fill with vanilla pudding and top with fruit and whipping cream for a dessert.

Alternate: Cool pancake and drizzle with icing glaze.

Alternate: Fill hot pancake with creamed meat or cheese sauce with seafood for a luncheon dish.

Hope you all enjoy this easy dish.

More later.

Love & XXXOOO
Aunt Maggie/Mommie/Sis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home