Saturday, April 23, 2005

Butterscotch Brownies from Laurie (March 11, 2001)

Hi there,

Thanks for the recipes everyone has sent. It's fun to have some that I remember from years ago like Grandma's zucchini relish and Christy's Swedish cream cookies.

I was making a pot roast today the way that Lura and Dad taught me. You brown the meat real good on the outside before you put it in the oven. And I decided to make these wonderful butterscotch brownies that Rob's Aunt Juanita made for us one time when we were visiting. They are so good. I make them the way she did, in the same pot that I melt the butter I mix up the batter. Then put it in a long 9 x 13 pan.

Butterscotch Brownies by Aunt Juanita

1 cup butter (2 sticks)
2 cups brown sugar
3 1/2 cups Quick rolled oats
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter in sauce pan on top of stove. Remove from heat. Add brown sugar, mix until sugar is dissolved. Add oats and salt and stir until moistened. Add eggs and beat with spoon until stirred in good. Add dry ingredients. Add vanilla and pour or spread evenly in long cake pan (9 1/2 x 13). Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. This makes a pan 8 x 8 square if only 1/2 is used.

Hope you enjoy these. They are delicious warm or cold.

love, Laurie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home